Question about Sony DSC-HX100V

Question about Sony DSC-HX100V


I have a question about the 10 fps burst mode on the Sony DSC-HX100V. Are you able to see the subject you are shooting if it is moving and be able to pan the camera following it while the camera is shooting? I see in a review of the Sony Alpha 55 that you can't see what you are shooting only the picture you just shot which would make panning pretty difficult. Thanks.

Answer:

The Sony DSC-HX100V uses an electronic viewfinder and sometimes those do experience some slight lag or delay when shooting in high-speed burst mode. If you are used to using an optical viewfinder you might find this a little distracting when you first try and follow a fast-moving subject but it is by no means impossible to do.
While I prefer using an optical viewfinder of a true DSLR camera I have found that after using an electronic viewfinder like that of either the Sony DSC-HX100V or the Sony SLT-A55 I can adapt to the viewfinder and can track most if not all subjects without issue.
Many people who use either the DSC-HX100V or Alpha A55 on a regular basis report excellent results and post some great pictures even when tracking wild birds in flight, which can be some of the most difficult subjects to track. Having been using a Sony DSC-HX1 (the predecessor to the HX100V) for well over a year I can tell you that I really have not had any major issues tracking a fast-moving subject with the camera. That is not to say that a superzoom camera like the Sony DSC-HX100V is in the same league as a high-quality DSLR when it comes to autofocus speed and the ability to track a subject through a high-quality optical viewfinder but it can do a good job and I would not let the inherent limitations of an electronic viewfinder discourage me from recommending the camera to you or anyone else.
Share on Google Plus

About papixelhub

Hi there, I’m Prem Amrit ! I’m an entrepreneur and digital marketing consultant from Patna, India. I founded my own digital agency, where I help SMBs leverage social media, SEO, and content marketing to grow their traffic and generate qualified leads for their business. I started Papixelhub in 2019 as a side project to document all the strategies, tools, and tactics that I was using to grow my small agency. The goal was simple: to arm other solopreneurs with all the right information they needed to launch a successful business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment