Question About Quality of Pictures Using Older Sigma Lens and Newer Canon Camera

Question About Quality of Pictures Using Older Sigma Lens and Newer Canon Camera

Question About Quality of Pictures Using Older Sigma Lens and Newer Canon Camera

I recently upgraded my old Canon d60 to the new 600d. I have been using Sigma lenses for last year with the best results.  Since I attached the lens to the new camera, however, I am dismayed at the poor quality of pics taken with the 70-300. Sigma people tell me the lens needs an adjustment to accommodate the new more powerful camera. Have you heard of such a thing? I attach photos showing the 70-300 and the 15 mm (which has great quality). I understand the difference in the fixed and zoom qualities and the 200-300 end of the lenses being renowned for being soft, so I took one photo at 100mm and one with the 200 mm macro, and one with the 15mm for comparison.

Answer:

I have not had experience with that exact lens and camera body combination but I do know that sometimes older lenses need to be "re-chipped" or modified to work correctly on newer cameras. As changes are made to autofocus systems and other parts of the camera's firmware sometimes an older lens needs to be updated to work correctly. Often the lens manufacturer will do this for minimal cost. If Sigma is saying that needs to be done to get the best performance from the lens on your new camera it is very likely that it is true.
Share on Google Plus

About papixelhub

Hi there, I’m Prem Amrit ! I’m an entrepreneur and digital marketing consultant from Patna, India. I founded my own digital agency, where I help SMBs leverage social media, SEO, and content marketing to grow their traffic and generate qualified leads for their business. I started Papixelhub in 2019 as a side project to document all the strategies, tools, and tactics that I was using to grow my small agency. The goal was simple: to arm other solopreneurs with all the right information they needed to launch a successful business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment