Question About Lens Adapters For A Sony DSCHX100V

Question About Lens Adapters For A Sony DSCHX100V

Hey,
I am Luigi, I am just planning to buy a Sony DSC-HX100V camera.
I saw some sellers having lens adapters for this, and other non-interchangeable lens types too, and I would like to know if they are good for anything, (so, for example, the macro adapter does anything good in macro mode) or they are just junk.
Thanks for the help!

Answer:

Luigi, I have not personally tried out any of the third-party lens adapters or macro lenses for the Sony DSC-HX100V so I cannot comment on any specific one as to how well they work.
In general, I am not a big fan of add-on lens adaptors. But if one is considering investing in one I would recommend avoiding the less expensive ones and try to find one from a reputable company with positive reviews. Often the lower cost lens adapters are also the lower quality and generally speaking anything you put over the factory lens will decrease the light available to the image sensor and can also reduce the sharpness of the image. This is especially true of a camera like the Sony HX100V that has a very high-quality Carl Zeiss lens.
However, in reading different forums and in checking out photos taken with a Sony DSC-HX100V on Flickr, I do see where many people do report some excellent results when using some type of macro adapter on the Sony HX100V. But then there are also some amazing macro photo examples taken without any special adapter. After all the camera itself is able to focus from between 0.4 inches at the wide-angle to 6.6 feet when fully zoomed in, which can produce some amazing macro photos in and of itself without the need for additional macro lens adapters. This leads me to believe that good technique is more important for an outstanding macro shot using the HX-100V than having some type of aftermarket lens adaptor on the camera.
I might mention that in order to add a filter to the Sony DSC-HX100V some companies have come up with conversion adaptors that allow a standard-sized filter to be screwed onto the Sony lens. Again I have not personally tried any of these so I can speak of how well they work but do see several positive posts in different camera forums about them as well.
My general recommendation is to avoid add-on lens adapters if possible but if you feel the need to try one I would certainly recommend sticking with a well-known model or one that has many good reviews from users in the different camera forums, etc.
Share on Google Plus

About papixelhub

Hi there, I’m Prem Amrit ! I’m an entrepreneur and digital marketing consultant from Patna, India. I founded my own digital agency, where I help SMBs leverage social media, SEO, and content marketing to grow their traffic and generate qualified leads for their business. I started Papixelhub in 2019 as a side project to document all the strategies, tools, and tactics that I was using to grow my small agency. The goal was simple: to arm other solopreneurs with all the right information they needed to launch a successful business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment