Star Trails

Star Trails

Star Trails

star trails 21709495Blue Moon-15 secs
30 min exposure

How can I , with long exposures, prevent my night shots from turning up with an orange hue. I've tried different white balance settings. Do I need "image stacker" software and individual shots? Or high ISO settings?
My current old Canon D60 only goes up to 1000 ,but am soon getting one with up to 6400 ISO. When I photograph pics with the moon in for 15 secs and tungsten W.B, I get a wonderful blue (see attached file)but when I try 30 mins I get red.

Answer:

I have not personally used image stacker software so I cannot comment on the effectiveness of that. In looking at your photos the longer exposure seems to have too much ambient light in it which could be causing the orange tint especially if you are relatively close to city lights. Since I suspect part of the problem is excessive ambient light a higher ISO would not work and I would actually recommend trying a lower ISO instead.
Share on Google Plus

About papixelhub

Hi there, I’m Prem Amrit ! I’m an entrepreneur and digital marketing consultant from Patna, India. I founded my own digital agency, where I help SMBs leverage social media, SEO, and content marketing to grow their traffic and generate qualified leads for their business. I started Papixelhub in 2019 as a side project to document all the strategies, tools, and tactics that I was using to grow my small agency. The goal was simple: to arm other solopreneurs with all the right information they needed to launch a successful business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment