My camera froze up...Help?

My camera froze up...Help?

My camera froze up...Help?

I was taking pictures with my Canon T5i when it suddenly "froze". I had taken about 50 pictures. I couldn't focus it or make any other feature work. I finally went to another camera. Unfortunately, the battery was dead in that camera. I went back to my Canon and found it was working again. What happened?

Answer:

It sounds like your camera "locked up". Like any electronic device or computer, digital cameras can sometimes "lock-up" for no specific reason. While this usually happens very rarely it is not unheard of to have a camera suddenly stop working and "freeze up" like that. The best solution when that happens is to normally remove the battery from the unit and let the electronic systems reset. This will usually allow the camera to become functional again.
One factor that might contribute to a camera locking up is if it gets too hot. All electronic devices generate some degree of heat and if the internal components of the camera's electronic circuits get too hot it might cause the problem you experienced. I have heard of that happening when doing very long night exposures or in high ambient temperatures when a camera has been taking a lot of pictures. However, it does not sound like either of those applies to your situation so my guess is that your problem was just one of those random lockups that sometimes happen to complex electronic devices.
Share on Google Plus

About papixelhub

Hi there, I’m Prem Amrit ! I’m an entrepreneur and digital marketing consultant from Patna, India. I founded my own digital agency, where I help SMBs leverage social media, SEO, and content marketing to grow their traffic and generate qualified leads for their business. I started Papixelhub in 2019 as a side project to document all the strategies, tools, and tactics that I was using to grow my small agency. The goal was simple: to arm other solopreneurs with all the right information they needed to launch a successful business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment