How can I improve this photo taken with my Nikon P500?

How can I improve this photo taken with my Nikon P500?

Dear sir, I used a Nikon P500 camera to take this photo. It was taken during a dancing program and the picture is blurred. How can I make this type of photo without getting it blurred?

Answer:

The EXIF information did not get uploaded with the photo. (This is the information attached to a photo that records important information such as shutter speed, aperture, etc.) Therefore I cannot tell for sure what shutter speed was used when this picture was taken but from the looks of the picture is was relatively slow such as 1/30 second which is why you ended up with some motion blur and/or camera shake.
The best way to eliminate this type of shakiness or blur in a photo is to make sure you use a fast enough shutter speed to stop the motion. This would likely be around 1/250 of a second or faster.
The difficulty is that this photo was taken indoors so the lighting makes getting a fast shutter speed more difficult. Taking action photos indoors is often poor lighting conditions that can be one of the most difficult and frustrating experiences while learning photography. If you are using automatic mode I would recommend you change to aperture priority mode and set your f-stop to the largest lens opening (smallest f-stop number). This will allow the camera to adjust the shutter speed to the fastest possible setting for that lighting condition. If the shutter speed is still too slow then you should also increase your ISO setting to a higher number.
Another possibility could be that you have a back focus issue with this photo. Since it was taken indoors in less than ideal light you could be using a relatively large aperture. This would result in a reduced depth of field and if your camera focused on the sign in the background then the actors could be out of focus. However, in this picture, the problem seems to be motion blur likely caused by too low of a shutter speed being used.
Finding the right combination of aperture, shutter speed, and ISO is the solution to getting blurred pictures like this. For more information I suggest you check out our pages on the "Exposure Triangle" as well as "Digital Camera Settings".
Share on Google Plus

About papixelhub

Hi there, I’m Prem Amrit ! I’m an entrepreneur and digital marketing consultant from Patna, India. I founded my own digital agency, where I help SMBs leverage social media, SEO, and content marketing to grow their traffic and generate qualified leads for their business. I started Papixelhub in 2019 as a side project to document all the strategies, tools, and tactics that I was using to grow my small agency. The goal was simple: to arm other solopreneurs with all the right information they needed to launch a successful business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment