How can I take great action shots without a lens suit for the purpose?

How can I take great action shots without a lens suit for the purpose?


How can I take great action shots without a lens suit for the purpose?

Answer:

Katie, without knowing what type of camera and lens you have it is hard to give specific advice, but in general, the best way to get great action shots is to learn to use your camera to its maximum potential. That means learning to adjust your key settings like aperture, shutter speed, and ISO to suit your lighting conditions and subject.
Any lens can capture great action shots under the right light and with the correct camera settings. Unless you are shooting in low light conditions even slower DSLR lenses can capture good action photos with the right camera settings.
While your lens can limit you, if you are unable to get a better-suited lens then the only option is to learn to get the most from your current setup. If you do not have a telephoto lens that might mean using your cameras digital zoom on occasion or simply shooting the sport from a wider angle perspective. If the lens is not "fast" enough to get the needed shutter speed then you will need to boost your ISO and possibly shoot only those moments when the action slows down enough that you can capture a suitable image without getting motion blur.
Unfortunately, our equipment can and often does limit our ability to get the best quality picture possible but if that is all we have then we need to learn to adjust and change techniques so we can still capture some good images.
Share on Google Plus

About papixelhub

Hi there, I’m Prem Amrit ! I’m an entrepreneur and digital marketing consultant from Patna, India. I founded my own digital agency, where I help SMBs leverage social media, SEO, and content marketing to grow their traffic and generate qualified leads for their business. I started Papixelhub in 2019 as a side project to document all the strategies, tools, and tactics that I was using to grow my small agency. The goal was simple: to arm other solopreneurs with all the right information they needed to launch a successful business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment