Is the Sony DSC HX100V a Digital Zoom Camera?

Is the Sony DSC HX100V a Digital Zoom Camera?

Is the Sony DSC HX100V a Digital Zoom Camera?


I am planning to buy a Sony HX100V camera. But I want to know that is it a digital zoom camera or not?

Answer:

Ateev,
The Sony DSC-HX100V is a digital camera that has both optical and digital zoom. It has a 30X optical zoom lens that gives you a 35mm equivalent focal range of 29-870mm when shooting in the 16:9 ratio mode or 27-810mm when shooting within the 4:3 ratio mode.
In addition to the excellent optical zoom, the HX100V also has a built-in digital zoom feature. There are two different digital zoom modes on this camera. The first is "Smart Zoom" and the second is the "Precision Digital Zoom". Of course, Sony also provides a way of turning the digital zoom completely off as well.
The magnification available from the digital zoom feature depends upon the resolution settings on the camera. According to Sony Specifications using a 10mp image setting will give you up to 37X zoom using the "digital smart zoom". This increases as the resolution decrease so if you were to capture a 2mp image you could get a total of 72X times zoom using the Digital Smart Zoom feature.
While the Sony DSC-HX100V does have a digital zoom built-in, I highly recommend that you do not use the digital zoom feature because it quickly degrades the image quality. All digital zoom does is to digitally enlarge one part of the overall image captured by the cameras image sensor.
Digital zoom of any type is notorious for reducing the image quality that is captured and I highly recommend you resist using that feature.
Share on Google Plus

About papixelhub

Hi there, I’m Prem Amrit ! I’m an entrepreneur and digital marketing consultant from Patna, India. I founded my own digital agency, where I help SMBs leverage social media, SEO, and content marketing to grow their traffic and generate qualified leads for their business. I started Papixelhub in 2019 as a side project to document all the strategies, tools, and tactics that I was using to grow my small agency. The goal was simple: to arm other solopreneurs with all the right information they needed to launch a successful business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment