Jpeg to TIFF conversion

Jpeg to TIFF conversion


I took a jpeg image and converted it to TIFF on my computer. The number of bytes for the image went up by about a factor of 10. Did I "recover" those compressed bytes or did I not accomplish anything at all?

Answer:

By converting to TIFF you are not actually "recovering" any data lost by the data compression in the JPEG file format. Once saved as a JPEG file the compression and associated "lost data" will not be recovered by converting it to another format. What you can do by saving a file in an uncompressed format like TIFF is to avoid any future loss of data that could be caused by re-saving an edited image in JPEG format again.
Share on Google Plus

About papixelhub

Hi there, I’m Prem Amrit ! I’m an entrepreneur and digital marketing consultant from Patna, India. I founded my own digital agency, where I help SMBs leverage social media, SEO, and content marketing to grow their traffic and generate qualified leads for their business. I started Papixelhub in 2019 as a side project to document all the strategies, tools, and tactics that I was using to grow my small agency. The goal was simple: to arm other solopreneurs with all the right information they needed to launch a successful business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment